Al-baik is a fast food brand or a food chain in Saudi Arabia. For all the people who love al-baik broast chicken taste, here is an authentic “al-baik” broast chicken recipe by Chef shireen Anwar. This broast chicken can be eaten either as a snack in tea time or you can take it as a full meal with Roghani Nan.
- 1 whole Chicken with skin, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Corn Flour
- 1/2 Cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- Take a bowl and mix dry ginger power, garlic powder, salt, cinnamon powder, paprika, lemon juice and oil together and make a thick paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces with all this material for 4 to 6 hours.
- Take prescribed quantity of self raising flour and corn flour and mix them together.
- Dip the marinated chicken pieces in the eggs first and then in the mixture of self raising powder & corn floor for few minutes.
- Deep Fry the coated chicken pieces, keep covered with some lid on a light flame to get fine results (finely cooked chicken).
- Cook the chicken broast until its color is changed to golden brown.
- Now remove from the stove, dish out this delicious broast and serve this with hot French fries and tomato or garlic sauce.
Preparation Time: 5 hr.
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 6-8 peopleImage credit: masala tv channel