Shish Taouk is a very traditional Arabic recipe. It is very easy and the oriental flavors are best when served with plain rice.
- ½ kg Chicken (boneless cut in cubes)
- 1 tsp Garlic paste (heaped)
- ½ tsp White pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 3 tbsps. Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsps. Yogurt
- 2 tbsps. Tahini sauce
- 2 tbsps. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano leaves
- 2 Onions (cut in cubes)
- 2 Capsicums (cut in cubes)
Arabic Shish Taouk: Cooking Steps
- In a bowl, mix the garlic paste, white pepper, mustard powder, mayonnaise, yogurt, tahini sauce, lemon juice, salt and oregano leaves.
- Add the chicken and let it marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Put the chicken on skewers and alternate with onion and capsicum cubes.
- Heat oil on the grill pan and cook the chicken
- Once cooked, shift the skewers in a pan and cover with tin foil
- Top the foil with a burning coal, pour some oil cover with a lid.
- Serve immediately
Preparation time: 30-35 min Cook time: 10-15 min Yield: 4 servings