Try this Beef chapli kabab recipe at home. The flavors are true to the traditional Afghani cuisine and the steps are very easy to follow. Now you can enjoy fresh and hygienic Beef chapli kababs at home. Just make sure to serve it with naan, raita and chutney.
- 1 kg mince beef
- 1 tbsp. whole coriander
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps. pomegranate seeds
- Water as required
- 4 eggs
- ½ tbsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsps. corn flour
- 4 green chilies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- ½ bunch mint, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp. red chili, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Tomatoes as required, sliced
Beef Chapli Kabab Cooking Steps
- Roast the whole coriander and cumin seeds and crush them.
- Put the beef mince in a bowl and add 1 egg, red chili powder, black pepper, corn flour, pomegranate seeds, green chilies, mint leaves, salt and the roasted and crushed masala.
- Knead the mixture with your hands, cover with a lid and let it marinate for half an hour in the fridge.
- Fry the remaining eggs and mix it in with the beef mince.
- In a pan heat a little amount of oil.
- For making chapal kababs, take a generous amount of the mince and shape it into a flat patty.
- Lay it carefully on the pan and put a slice of tomato in the middle of the kabab or patty.
- Let it cook on a low flame.
- When the beef kabab is properly cooked from both sides, take it out and lay it on kitchen paper to drain out the excess oil.
- Continue to make more chapli kababs and serve hot.
Cook time: 25 min
Preparation time: 45 min
Yield: 4-6 people