Pulao is a traditional dish of Pakistan. Mostly this bihari pulao is made on special occasions. Try this pulao at home and enjoy the delicious taste of it.
- 1 kg chicken or 16 pieces of chicken
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 20 grinded green chilies
- 2 grinded raw onion
- 1 tbsp grinded poppy
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 green cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Half kg rice soaked for 30 minutes
- Oil half cup
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- First, marinate the chicken.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic, grinded green chilies, salt, onion raw grinded, poppy seeds grinded black pepper, and yogurt for 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add spices with marinated chicken.
- Fry it for 5 minutes.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 20 minutes till oil comes on top.
- Add soaked rice with 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid again and cook it for 10 minutes on full flame.
- Lower the flame and put it on dum for 15 minutes till it’s done.
- Serve it hot.