Cake rusks are a traditional tea time snack in Pakistan. Make sure to try this very easy and simple recipe by Shireen Anwar. Now you can make your own cake rusks that are sure to be tasty and hygienic. Just serve it with tea or eat it as is and enjoy.
- 4 ounce butter
- 4 ounce caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounce flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Yellow food color few drops
Cake Rusk Cooking Method
- Preheat the oven at 180 c.
- Grease a rectangular cake rusk pan and sprinkle with flour.
- In a clean bowl, beat the butter.
- Add the sugar and continue beating till the mixture is fluffy.
- One by one add the eggs and continue beating.
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla essence to the butter batter and spoon in the flour while the beater works on slow speed.
- Add the food color and fold the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, take it out and cut it from the center.
- Then make small pieces of cake.
- Place it back in the oven.
- Turn the sides of the cake after 15 minutes and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Now cake rusk are finally ready to serve with black tea.
Serves: 6-7 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes