- 8 ounces butter
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup Glazed cherries, chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 3 ½ cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Orange juice
- ½ cups Desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp Flaked coconut
Cherry Coconut Cake: Directions
- In a bowl, beat butter then gradually add sugar in it and beat this mixture until it become light and fluffy.
- Now add 4 egg yolk one by one and beat well.
- Stir in coconut, sieve together flour and baking powder.
- Then in this mixture, add orange juice, cherries, little white flour one by one.
- Now fold it in the cake mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until it become stiff.
- Now fold it in the batter and mix well.
- Take a frying pan and greased it with oil, now add mixture into greased pan, on top sprinkle with flaked coconut and bake on 180 degree C for an hour.
Yield: 12 people