Love to eat Chicken Bread? Now no need to run down to the expensive bakery to buy chicken stuffed bread. You Can make it at home. Just Follow My chicken bread recipe with step by step instructions.
For Bread Dough
- 4 cups plain flour
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp dry milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 egg
For Chicken Filling
- 2 cups boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 medium onion,finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tspblack pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
To Make Chicken Bread Dough:
- Take a large bowl, add flour, salt, castor sugar, dry milk powder, yeast, oil and egg in it.
- Mix until well combined.
- Knead a soft dough with luke warm water.
- Let it rise for 1 hour.
To Make Chicken Filiing
- Meanwhile, Heat butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft and transculant.
- Now add 2 tablespoon flour and stir well.
- Season with salt, black pepper and garam masala.
- Slightly add milk,cook and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Add shredded chicken, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Cook For 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Let it cool completely.
- The filling will look like creamy and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Divide the dough into two portions.
- Dust the flour on the working surface.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape to a thickness of 1 cm.
- Note: (It’s depend on how thick youe like the bread dough).
- Now Brush the dough with butter.
- Place the chicken filing in the center of the dough, horizontally leaving around 2 inch on both edns.
- Make slits or cuts on both of the longer sides.
- Fold each slit ends across from each other alternately, so that they overlap each other.
- Tip**: REMEMBER to alternate, left to right & right to left.
- Tuck the ends tightly.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Transfer the breads on the cooking tray.
- Brush the top with egg-wash*.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over them.
- Bake, in the preheated oven, for about 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Brush butter on whole bread.
- Leave it to rest for 5 minutes to soften the bread.
- Cut into slices. Chicken Bread is ready to serve.
- Enjoy your Delicious Chicken Bread.
- Egg Wash*:Egg-wash means to beat an egg with little water then apply all over the breads.
- Tip For Later Use: You can aIso make big batches of chicken breads and keep up to 4 weeks. Bake and wrap them a foil paper, then put them in a bag and tie it. Freeze for later use. Before serving, thaw chicken bread overnight in the fridge. Unwrap and microwave for a minute or until it warms up.
- Tip For A Soft FResh Look: Drizzle a little bit of water over it and place in the oven for 4-5 minutes to freshen it back up. Trust Me, It becomes as good as new. 😉
- You can make your chicken bread in baby size too.
- You can also use any kind of stuffing e.g. veggie stuffing, ground beef stuffing.
Serve with Broiled or steamed vegetables and ketchup.
Give it a try, you’ll love it.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 2 loaves