Chicken Manchurian is an easy to make Chinese recipe, it just involves some prep work. Next time you get a craving for Chinese food, try making this Chicken Manchurian Recipe by cooking expert Sharmeen Syed at home.Your family will love it.
- 250 gm boneless chicken, cubed
- 2 green onion
- 3 green chilies, deseeded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- black pepper according to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- oil for frying
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed in little water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- black pepper per taste
- salt per taste
Chicken Manchurian Directions
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper, mix them well.
- Marinate this chicken mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Now add cornflour and beaten egg to the marinated chicken.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Now fry chicken pieces in the hot oil till crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oil and absorbent on kitchen paper.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil in a deep wok.
- Add Ginger garlic paste.
- Cook and saute for 2 minutes then add green chilies.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Now add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup and vinegar.
- Cook adn stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve cornflour in water.
- Add cornflour mixture and stirring constantly till sauce is thickened.
- Put the chicken pieces and cook 2 for minutes until heated thorough.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Chicken Manchurian is ready now.
- Serve hot with fried rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marination
Cook Time: 30 minutes