Try this Kunna gosht recipe by Shireen Anwar. It is a handi dish and is a great alternative to the regular meat dishes. The spicy flavors are really delicious and the steps are very easy to follow. Make sure you try this recipe, just serve it with naan and enjoy
- 1 kg mutton gosht
- 3 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp black cumin (crushed)
- 1 cup clarified butter
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup water
Chinoti kunna Gosht Cooking Method
- In a handi, melt the clarified butter.
- Fry the ginger paste, garlic paste, onions and mutton gosht.
- Add the chili powder, salt, coriander powder, turmeric and ½ cup water, cover with a lid and let the gosht cook for 30 minutes.
- Fry it well and add 3 cups of water. Let it cook till the mutton is tender.
- In a bowl mix the wheat flour with water to form a paste.
- When the mutton gosht is cooked through pour this wheat paste into the handi.
- Add the crushed black cumin.
- Cook Kunna Gosht for 15 minutes on a low flame till the oil starts to separate.
- Turn off the flame and Chinoti Kunna Gosht is ready to serve hot with Tandoori Roti or Naan.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes Yield: 4-5 people