Dahi Baray is a typical dish served on ramadan Iftar parties. These are delicious and yummy, fried dumplings; soaked in yogurt sauce. Must try this Dahi Baray recipe !!
- 1 cup yellow lentils, moong dal
- ½ cup White lentils, mash dal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp dry ginger
- 4 cups yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
How to Make Dahi Baray
- Place yellow lentils, white lentils and cumin in a food processor.
- Blend all lentils until smooth.
- Add dry ginger, onion and baking soda in blended lentils and blend again until well combined.
- Now make balls with a large spoon and in a hot oil, fry baray until they become golden brown.
- Take out baray in a serving dish.
- In another bowl, beat fresh dahi or yogurt.
- Add little water and sugar in dahi and season with salt and chaat masala, mix all these masala well.
- Now pour this dahi or yogurt mixture over the baray.
- Sprinkle some more chaat masala over it.
- Dahi Baray are ready to serve chilled.
- You can serve dahi baray with imli ki chutney.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes