Pound cake is a traditional English tea time snack. Try out this pound cake recipe by Shireen Anwar. It is a very simple cake and the steps are easy to follow. Make sure to bake this cake and enjoy at your tea time.
- 8 ounce butter
- 2 cups fine sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1, ½ cup milk
- Icing sugar to dust
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Easy Pound Cake Cooking Method
- Preheat oven at 180 c.
- Grease the cake dish.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and continue to beat.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in the butter.
- Beat in the eggs one by one.
- Pour in the milk and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter in the greased pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out the cake batter and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out the cake on a wire rack and cool it completely.
- Dust with the icing sugar on pound cake and serve with tea.
Serve: 6 Perp Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10-45 Minutes