Gajar ka Achar is an easy achar recipe to prepare. It will take very little time and quite simple ingredients for preparing spicy achar. You must try this awesome recipe once.
- ½ kg Carrot
- 4 tbsp Mustard seeds ground
- 3 tbsp Crushed red pepper
- to taste Salt
- 1 bottle Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 6-7 glass Water
Gajar ka Achar: Cooking Directions
- First of all peel out carrots, boil in water and cut into slices.
- Boil carats till tender.
- Now, remove extra water.
- Marinate with 2 tbsp ground mustard seeds, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp turmeric and salt to taste.
- Boil 7 glasses water with 2 tbsp jaggery, 2 tbsp ground mustard seeds, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp turmeric, salt to taste and 1 bottle of vinegar.
- When this water is boiled properly with ingredients put in it, bottle out.
- Now, keep this bottle of water and marinated carats in sun light for 2 days.
- Then, mix both with a dry spoon.
- Gajar Achar is ready now but you can use it after al least 3 days
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4-5 Servings