Green Chicken Biryani is a special recipe by chef Zakir. It has acceptability in people of all ages. This is quite different recipe which usually cooked at home. Green chicken Biryani is very easy to prepare with little effort consumed on it.
- ½ kg Chicken
- ½ kg Rice
- ½ bunch Coriander
- ½ bunch Mint
- 250 gm Yogurt
- 250 gm Green chilies
- 2 Onions
- 1 cup Clarified butter
- 1 cup Peas
- 100 gm Plums
- Hot spices as required
- 1 tsp Mace & Nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp Cardamon powder
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
Green Chicken Biryani: Cooking Directions
- Take a pan, heat up butter in it and fry onion, when onion are light brown, take out half quantity and put them aside.
- In half remaining onions, now add 2 tbsp ginger & garlic paste and ½ kg chicken and cook till chicken turns to white.
- Then add chopped ingredients e.g. chopped ½ bunch of coriander, ½ bunches of mint and 250 grams green chilies (which are chopped in a chopper and made a mixture.) and also include 1 cup peas.
- Cover the lid and cook on a medium flame till chicken is properly done.
- On the other hand, soak ½ kg rice for half an hour and then boil in pot, when rice is done for Biryani remove the flame.
- Now in chicken gravy, add a layer of yogurt, 1 tsp mace and nutmeg powder, 1/2 tsp
cardamom powder, rest of the golden brown onions, 100 grams plums and 2 tbsp
kewra. Put layer of rice over it. Pour rest of the clarified butter on rice and
flatten it and cook for further10 to 12 minutes.
Tasty Green Chicken Biryani is ready to enjoy. Serve it with plain yogurt, raita and salad. This is happily enjoyed both in summer and winter seasons. Without Biryani, party menu is not completed. There are very easy steps to follow for the preparation of this green Biryani and the ingredients used are commonly available at home.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Yields: 3-4 servings