Masoor Daal Nayyab is a traditional daal recipe. Anyone can cook this chef style daal recipe. Just follow this special masoor daal recipe steps for great taste in your lunch or dinner.
Masoor Daal Nayyab
- 250 gm Whole Black lentils
- ½ cup Tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoon Sanbhar Masala
- 2 tablespoon Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon heaped Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Coriander leaves, as required
- 2-3 Green Chilies
Masoor Daal Nayyab: Cooking Directions
- First of all, take ½ cup tamarind pulp, add 2 tablespoon sanbhar Masala and 2 tablespoon jaggery in it and mix them well form a thick mixture.
- Then, take ingredients e.g. 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper, I teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and ½ teaspoon heaped fenugreek seeds to dry roast (roast without oil) in a pan and grind them finely.
- On the other side, take a pot and cook the daal masoor with 2 cups of water till it be tender.
- Take a pan, hot up oil, add mustard seeds in it, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add prepared mixture of tamarind pulp with salt and finally add daal masoor. Cook them for more 10 minutes till daal starts to leave oil.
- For garnishing, sprinkle some fresh coriander and green chilies on daal.
Masoor Daal Nayyab Serving Suggestions
Present this delicious “Masoor Daal Nayyab” recipe with mint chutney.
Preparation time: 30 minutes or half an hour
Yields: 2-3 servings