Pineapple Cookies is a sweet cookies recipe. We can have lot of fun with this cookie recipe on tea time. Previously it was tough for house wives to prepare home-made cookies but now it’s quite easy to make this dish at home by following chef Zarnak Sidhwa recipe.
- 8 ounce crushed pineapple, (drained and reserve juice for glaze)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- Reserved pineapple juice
Pineapple Cookies: Cooking Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- In a bowl, mix cream together with butter and sugar until become light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat to make foamy beat.
- Add crushed pineapple, then both ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ tsp orange extract and mix them well.
- On the other hand, take a bowl, put flour in that along with salt and baking soda and then add it slowly to the beaten mixture to make uniform batter.
- Mix them finely to foam a thick mixture just like dough. When dough is prepared, put that on a greased cookie sheet and spread that evenly.
- Now, place the cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake for just 10-12 minutes until become light golden from top.
- As cookies are being baked, we have some time to prepare glaze, for making glaze we take a bowl, put powered sugar in that with butter and blend them well, then slowly add reserved pineapple juice in this mixture until the icing gets the medium thickness (not so thin or thick), so that it easily spread over the cookies.
- When pine apple cookies are ready, cool them to room temperature then pour the prepared glaze onto the top of each cookie and leave them for few min to set.
Pineapple Cookies Serving Suggestion
Wonderful sweet & delicious Pineapple Cookies are ready. Take in tea time and make your tea time taste rich. Preparation time: 30 min or half an hour Yields: 3-4 Servings