Singaporean Rice is delicious in taste and light dish. People prefer to eat rice especially in summer season. You can take it part of your lunch, dinner, feasts and family gatherings. This is very simple Singaporean style rice recipe by Chef Zakir
- 150 gm Chicken
- 2 cups Rice
- Half packet fried noodles
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Green shallots, cut off leaves
- 1 Onion
- ¼ Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4-5 Green chilies
- 1 tbsp Ground red chilli
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Singaporean Rice: Cooking Directions
- First of all take a pan, boil water and add some turmeric also.
- Then add noodles in the boiled water and heat till noodles are done.
- Now, take a pan, hot up oil and fry boiled noodles.
- Pour water in a pan; add cumin seeds, salt and 2 tsp of oil in it and boil rice in hot water.
- On the other side, cut long slices of green chilies and thin slices of garlic, fry them lightly in hot oil.
- Cut carrot, capsicum, onion and cabbage into pieces.
- Take a pan, fry ginger-garlic paste in hot oil for about 2-3 minutes. Then add chicken to it and cook till turns to light brown and is done properly.
- Add all the cut vegetables and mix all well.
- Now add white pepper, black pepper, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, tomato ketchup and garlic sauce.
- In a bowl, mix corn flour with little water and add it to the sauce to make it thicken.
- Mix mayonnaise (cream), water and ground red chilli in a bowl.
- Take a tray, make a layer of boiled rice, and spread the mixture of cooked chicken & vegetables over it.
- Then make one more layer of the remaining rice over the mixture; spread the paste of cream, fried chilli and garlic over it.
- Make one layer of fried noodles over it.
- Delicious Singapore rice is ready.
- Serve hot with salad and raita,
This Singaporean Rice recipe have flavor of rice and noodles at the same time. All the ingredients used in making this rice item, can be easily available at home.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes