- 1 kg Rice
- ½ tsp White cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Black cumin seeds
- ½ cup boiled Peas
- 2 Star anise
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ kg Boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp Red chilies
- 2 tbsps. Soya sauce
- 2 tbsps. Red chili sauce
- 4 tbsps. Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour
- 1 red Tomato
- 1 medium size Onion
- 2 green Capsicums
- 1 cup Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 Carrot, lightly boiled
- 1 cup Spaghetti, boiled
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps. Ketchup
- 2 tbsps. Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp red chilies, crushed
- 8 Green chilies, sliced and fried
- 4 tbsp. Ginger, sliced and fried
Singaporian Rice Cooking Directions
- Soak rice for half an hour
- Heat oil in a pot and fry star anise and white and black cumin seeds
- Add the rice, salt and peas and fry for a while
- Add 2 cups of water and cover the pot with a lid.
- When the water dries off, lower the flame and let the rice steam.
- Heat oil in a pot and lightly fry ginger.
- Add the chicken and stir fry.
- Add the salt, black pepper, red chills, ketchup, soya and chili sauce and let it simmer.
- Add the vegetables. Do not over-cook the vegetables.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it boil.
- In a small bowl mix in the corn flour with 1 tbsp. of water.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the chicken and let it thicken.
- Once the chicken has thickened, turn off the flame.
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients and leave it aside.
Singaporian Rice Serving Suggestion
- In a serving dish spread out a layer of rice
- Pour the sauce over the rice
- Lay out the spaghetti on top
- Lastly, put the chicken mixture and top it with fired green chilies and ginger.
- Serve it hot.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4-5 people