Gol gappay or pani puri is a popular Pakistani snack recipe. This gol gappa recipe by Shireen Anwar have a great sweet & sour taste. Try out this shireen anwar gol gappa recipe and let us know in a comment below how great the taste was?
Gol Gappay with Potato Chaat
Ingredients For Gol Gappa:
- 1 cup Semolina
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons White lentils ground
- Club soda (for kneading the flour dough)
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Potato, boiled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups Bondi (small gram flour dumplings)
For Sour Water:
- ½ bunch Mint leaves
- 3 Green chillies
- 1 liter Chill Water
- ½ cup Tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon Roasted coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh Lemon juice
Gol Gappay Recipe: Step-by-step
For Sour Water:
- Take a blender and add ginger, green chilies, mint leaves and blend them until it become a fine paste.
- Mix this paste in water with lemon juice, tamarind pulp, salt, chilli powder, roasted cumin and coriander powder, mix well.
- This water will be sour and spicy.
- Strain the water and keep it in the fridge so it become cold.
For Gol Gappa Take a bowl and mix flour, semolina, white lentil, knead with club soda to from a stiff dough.
- Keep this dough aside for 25-30 mins.
- Knead it once.
- Put oil drop on hand and make small size flour balls.
- With a rolling pin roll out and secure between two layers of wet cloth.
- Again roll out both layers and leave aside for 5-10 minutes.
- For frying
- On medium heat, deep fry gol gappa until they puff up and then reduce heat until gol gappay become crispy.
- With help of thumb tip, puncture the gol gappa and add 1 tablespoon of potato filling and dip it in the sour water,
- Note: If you are one of those, who like sweet gol gappay add some tamarind or plum chutney before dipping in the water.
- Gol Gappay or pani puri Recipe by Shireen Anwar is ready to serve chill.
Preparation Time: 1 Hour + 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: As Desired
Photo credit: Anita @crave click