Steamed chicken is a very healthy alternative to ordinary chicken. Make sure to try is recipe by Shireen Anwar. It is very different and the taste is really yummy. And the best part is that it’s great for health conscious people. Just follow the steps and enjoy.
- 1 kg Whole Chicken
- 3 tbsps. fruit vinegar
- ½ tbsp. fresh ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. green chilies (blended)
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp. all spice powder (heaped)
- 8-10 plum paste (soaked in ¼ cup water, discard seeds)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Oil as required
Steamed Chicken Cooking Method
- Cut the chicken into 4 pieces, two legs and 2 breast.
- Marinate the chicken with vinegar and 1 ½ tsp salt.
- Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes till it turns light golden.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, plum paste, all spice powder, ginger paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, ½ tsp salt and green chili paste.
- Rub this over the chicken and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the chicken in a steamer.
- Wrap a wet napkin over the lid and cover the steamer.
- Let the chicken cook for 30-35 minutes.
- When the chicken is tender, remove from steamer.
- Steamed Chicken is ready to serve, enjoy!
Cooking Time: 35-40 Minutes
Perp Time: 10 Minutes + 4 Hours