This Chicken Nihari is great for chicken curry lover’s. Try this mouth-watering chicken nihari recipe today! with green chilies, fresh lemon, brown onions, coriander leaves and naan.
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 cup Butter, clarified
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- ¼ cup Wheat flour, dissolved in water
- ¼ cup Plain flour, dissolved in water
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Brown onion
- Lemon wedges, for serving
For Nihari Masala:
- 1 tablespoon Aniseed
- 1 teaspoon White cumin
- 1 Anis star
- 1 teaspoon All spice
- ½ tsp ginger, dried
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
Chicken Nihari Directions
- Grind aniseed’s, white cumin, anis star, allspice, chili powder, dried ginger together.
- Keep this masala powder in a bottle and store.
- In a wok, heat clarified butter and add garlic & ginger paste, salt and chili powder, and fry.
- Add chicken and 4 tablespoon of nihari masala, which we prepared and fry chicken in it.
- After frying chicken, add 5 cup of water and boil it.
- Take another bowl and mix wheat flour and plain flour in water until it become a paste.
- Now add this flour paste in chicken masala.
- Keep stirring until one boil come, reduce the heat and leave nihari masala until chicken become tender and oil come on top.
- Chicken Nihari is ready to serve, hot with naan.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves, green chilies, fresh lemon, brown onion and traditional Pakistani naan.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Serves: 4-6 peopleImage credit: masala channel